For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek (Gentile). 17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. 18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; 19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. Romans 1:16-19
The gospel of Christ…
- has been inhibited by the misinterpretation of its message.
- has been hindered by the sophistication of its simplicity.
- has been thwarted by the mixed messages of its ministers
- has been stunted by the procrastination of its followers.
It is the power of God…
- the only power to be equal to the demands of a righteous God.
- the only power to be equal to the fulfilling of the laws of God.
- the only power to be equal to the reconciliation of man to God.
- the only power to be equal to the need for and forgiveness of sin(s).
- the only power to be equal to the need for and free gift of eternal life.